Do you want to see the heaven in Munnar? Do you want to kiss the clouds? Do you want to drink coffee from world’s highest tea plantation? Then pack your bag to Kolukkumalai.
Kolukkumala is situated at the border of Idukki district of Kerala. And about 32 km from Munnar.It is the highest tea plantation in the world. After all, Kolukku mala is the top second attraction you must visit in Munnar as per TripAdvisor.
Things to do in Kolukkumalai !!
1) Watch Sunrise. You can have an amazing view of sunrise with a hot cup of tea standing at the world’s highest tea plantation
2) Off Road Ride: Have an awesome off-road ride through the tea estate. The Suryanelli to Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari is a perfect offroad with lot of experience.
3) Kolukkumalai Tea Factory: View: -Kolukkumalai factory is an original tea factory built by the British during 1940’s.
4) Over Night Stay: You can stay overnight at the camp huts and wildlife sighting from the camp huts will be an amazing experience
5) Top Mountain View: you can have an amazing view from the top of mountains and from the tea estates and this place got some amazing viewpoints.
How to reach Kolukkumala ??
- The road is bad. Even though any four-wheel vehicle can reach up to the view point, we won’t recommend you to use your vehicle unless you are that expert in driving aggressive offroad roads. So you can take a jeep from Munnar or Suryanelli. Which cost around 1800-2500 Rupees. This rates can vary considering the season and your bargaining skills.
- If you are a bike rider, you can take your bikes to the view point at your own risk. I can say that this will be one of the worst roads you might have driven in your lifetime and so it’s gonna hurt your bike very bad.
Jeep Safari to Kolukkumala
To visit Kolukkumala, the most suitable option will be choosing an experienced 4 wheel Jeep driver from Suryanelli or Cinnakanal. If you are staying at any resorts or homestays, they might have direct contact with some fine jeep drivers conducting jeep services to Kolukku mala and they will arrange them for you on request. Else you go to the Chinnakanal or Suryanelli and find someone from the taxi stand. They will pick you from your stay early in the morning and take you to kolukkumala before sunrise. And am saying again, don’t miss the sunrise.